Saturday, March 19, 2011

Disney Template Freebie, Alpha Template Freebie, and Tutorial!

I'm hosting a template challenge over at MouseScrappers so that means you can all download this freebie template and participate to get an awesome Prize Package!
Here's my page using the template (and using my Mickey Freebie Kit and Disney Alpha Template Set):

Here's the template:
Download it here

And I have a super cool Prize Package if you make a page with it and join us in the Template Challenge at MouseScrappers here.  Did you notice the super cute alpha I used on my page?!

It's a Disney Alphabet Template Set!  I have never seen another one of these available anywhere!!!  I absolutely love it and hope you do too :)  I had so much fun making it.  Let me know if you love it - I might make another set!

So here is a little tutorial about how alpha templates work.  An alpha template is an alpha with different layers that you can pick and choose from to make multiple different alphas from one alphabet.
The alpha I made for you has 16!!! different layers that you can combine and use to make.... hmmm how many different alphas would that make?...  well, A LOT!  (Works only in Photoshop or Photoshop Elements.)
So here is an example.  I clicked on some of the layers (You can't see all of them in the screenshot since there are 16 layers.)
See how some of them are checked with the little eyeball and some are not?  This will turn on/off each layer.

This combination made an alpha that looked like this:

Mix and match the different combinations of backgrounds, doddles on top, polka dots, mickey heads, and sparkles to make countless (really countless, he he) alphas!

Here are some examples of the alphas you can make using this one template set:

All these different alphas, just by clicking and unclicking the little eyeball!  Isn't that awesome?  Tell me if you love it!

So, you can get it by making a page using the Not So Square Template and joining me here at MouseScrappers!  (After the template challenge, it will be put in my store to help raise money for charity.)

Hugs: )
A Grieving Mommy

PS - I want to send a thank you out to all of you who have donated to help Japan by purchasing the Mulan kit!  We have already raised $100 so thank you for joining me in helping others :)

4 comments:

Liza said...

Awesome alphas! Can't wait for them to arrive in your charity store.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the alphas!! How adorable!

Patty said...

WOW...this is absolutely adorable!! Can't wait for it to arrive in your store as I use Creative Memories Storybook Plus so I can't use the template for the challenge :( but anyway, I will be more than happy to contribute to receive this ADORABLE package! Thanks again, Denise...your talent is amazing! :)

Nancy said...

Your templates are wonderful - thank you!