Thursday, February 24, 2011

Mickey PaperClips - Tutorial and Special Freebie for my Followers

I want to say thank you to those of you who follow me in my journey through this blog.  Mine isn't the happiest journey and I want to thank you, my digi-friends, for being there.  I made this new freebie for you full of lots of fun Mickey Clips all hand made by me in Photoshop!

I will be sending this new freebie out to my newsletter subscribers and putting it on my facebook wall for my followers there.  If you are a blog follower but aren't a newsletter subscriber or facebook follower, you will need to email me at agrievingmommy@yahoo.com and request it with your blogger name because Blogger often does not give me info on how to reach you.  Want to get it?  Become a follower on Blogger or Facebook.

And here's a little tutorial for use with these paper clips...
Want to make your paperclips look like they are actually on your paper strip?  Here's a little tutorial to show you how to do that.
First, place your paperclip on your paperstrip where you want it like this:
 Next, duplicate the paperclip layer and move one of the layers below the paperstrip like this:
 Then, choose your top paperclip layer.
 Finally, making sure you have selected the top paperclip layer, erase the part of the paperclip that should be behind the paperstrip like this:
The 2nd paperclip behind the first allows you to erase easier.  You can then add shadowing to the bottom paperclip layer if you'd like.

You can use this same idea with ribbon, wire, strings, etc. to get one thing to wrap around another!

Sending hugs to you :)
Denise aka A Grieving Mommy

7 comments:

Amanda Hlavacek said...

What an awesome surprise.... thanks so much!

Andrea said...

Cool! I've been meaning to Like you on facebook anyway, so this was a good incentive. Thanks also for the great tutorial, I have had a hard time with this in the past. Now I get it!

Sue - Texas said...

I love these and all of your designs. Thank you :o)

Sue - Texas said...

I love these and all your designs. Thank you :o)

deb said...

Thanks for the wonderful freebie to come! Although I do layer under and over with ribbons and such, I never thought about using it for the paper clips! Thank you!

April said...

These are such wonderful clips, thank you so much for sharing your creations! Thank you also for sharing the tutorial, it was super helpful.

Lisa Ritchie said...

Hi Denise: I haven't heard from you in a while. Hope you are doing ok. I was just thinking about you. Take care. :)